Mystery to Mastery.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Stefen, May 30, 2013.

1. Stefen

Stefen Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2013
    Sutton Bridge, LINCS. UK
    Has anyone used this e-lesson series from Greg Spence. If so what is your opinion, verdict please.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I've checked his site, his pedagogy is sound, and some of our members have used his materials. I'm sure they'll chime in when the sun comes up where they are.

3. Stefen

Stefen Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2013
    Sutton Bridge, LINCS. UK
    Thank you. I'll wait with baited breath. :D

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    The sun is up!

I have worked through Greg's first book "Mystery to Mastery" together with his online videos, and use some of its material/content regularly to keep in form. I've also had an online session with Greg - he is really good and I would recommend him to anybody considering lessons over skype.

I haven't had a look at his Mystery to Mastery Book 2 yet, but am confident the quality and backing would be as high with it as Greg's other stuff.

--bumblebee

5. Stefen

Stefen Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2013
    Sutton Bridge, LINCS. UK
    Thank you for your imput. It can be difficult to know what to get involved with and what to give a miss to.

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I have both of Greg's books, have worked through book 1 and yet to start book 2, looks good. Also have had a couple of lessons in person with Greg with good results. He is a great bloke, a monster player and his teaching is solid.

Regards, Stuart.

Stefen likes this.
  7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    +1

I have Book 2 as well, and also have had personal lessons with Greg. Great player, teacher and mentor. Worth the time to work at it. He identifies my issues within a minute - but then the hard work starts.:-)

Cheers

Stefen likes this.