Mystery trumpet

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by entrancing1, Dec 28, 2010.

1. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Usually I am pretty cautious on Evil Bay but on occasion, like this one, I really blow it. I bought what was supposed to be a Buescher Trumpet, hoping to get bottom valve caps to fit my model 9. The photos of the trumpet were poor, and showed little detail but I bid anyway. The package arrived today. What I got was a Buescher case with a no-name trumpet. Does anybody recognize it? I am debating sending it back as being not as described.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Thanks for your help

2. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    There are absolutely no manufacturers names engraved on the horn, only the valves labeled in consecutive order and the number 13 on the second valve casing. There also seems to be an mouthpiece adapter in the mouthpiece receiver.

3. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    The bottom caps, valve casings and other details look like early Bohland and Fuchs circa 1910-1920. If not almost certainly a Bohemian or Czech horn.

4. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    What does the case look like? I might be interested....

5. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I tried to get the case out of the deal, The seller was adamant that I eat the shipping costs so I reported my troubles to Ebay who has found in my favor. I am sending everything back to the seller for a full refund. If the fellow isn't now gun shy about listing on EBay Keep your eyes open for a listing of a Bohland Fuchs. The case is in rough shape, lining is worn through in spots and two of the latches are missing. But I would have traded a nicer, newer case just to have a period case for either of my old Bueschers. Check completed listings for Bueschers in case you want to try to get the case out of him.

Nan

6. redintheface

redintheface Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2010
    Bath, UK
  7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Be careful of accusations on the net. They can lead to legal action. Post only the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If the pictures are bad, you may have a tough time if the slander card is called............

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  9. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    So, what does it play like?