N+1 satisfied?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dBeav, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    My N+1 flares up only when I see a very nice horn that might sell on eBay for a very low price. Then it's justified because it's a "deal". It rarely happens to me though (my lowball bids are left in the dust), so my trumpet buying has slowed dramatically in the last few years, and I've actually sold a few that I never played, so I may be at the N-1 point right now.

2. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    Sounds to me like it's in remission? but you better get a second opinion from the good Dr. wasn't there one in here .......somewhere :dontknow::lol:

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Maybe so. But you also have to be careful. The dreaded N+1 disease easily morphs in the related M+1 disease (just one more mouthpiece). I've even heard of B+1 variant ... just one more piece of bling to pimp my horn or help me hit high notes.

Be careful. Be very careful. :-)

Mike

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    The only trumpet/cornet bling I buy is for looks, not for perceived performance. But I do prefer horns that look nice, for sure.

5. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    I think I've got M+1 too. I have won 5 VB mouthpiece auctions on Ebay over the last 2 weeks and I'm watching 3 more.

I'm trying to get an antique rotary cornet off someone too...and I really, really don't need one!

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    look -- I don't have N+1!!!! (( I have 9 trumpets, 2 or 3 cornets, a flugle, and an Eb horn)) --- last month I had 2 trombones, but I GAVE 1 away!!!! so I can't possibly have N+1. of course, a friend recently let me try his marching trombone ------- so, I may be looking for one of them on Ebay (OK, I have been looking ----but I didn't bid or buy YET, so I am cured)))) ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Poor kingtrumpet. So confused. :-)

"Two or 3 cornets"?? If you don't know exact number, my friend, you have N+1 disease.

Mike

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm, the cornets are NOT my favorite instruments, so they get relegated to the closet ----- I typically get all the horns out and oil and grease them, however on that day each year ----- I often lose count of how many instruments I have stuffed in the closet!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ((( I do NOT have N+1, and I do NOT need any help, with a problem that does NOT exist))) --------------------- too funny ----------- ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yeah, unfortunately the "other" one answered first. But my response (and the one that really counts) is the "N+1 flare up" is like on old hemorrhoid... it always flairs back up "in the end".

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No... You have N + 2 (or 3)... It's a terminal case I am so sad to say... you better start contacting your next of Ken!:cry: