N+2 on the same day...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by barliman2001, Nov 7, 2013.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    That is one dangerous virus: N+2 on the same day... Today I received my new Thomann Black Jazz Flugelhorn. It's a remake of an early Yamaha flugel, with underslung valve springs; but it seems well made, with waterkeys on 1, 3 and main, a nice, well working trigger and a good black nickel finish. I had intended it to be just a show piece (to go with my blue soprano trombone and my green Jup 606), but I was rather amazed at the sound quality and the intonation... very good indeed. It comes with a sturdy case (and, of course, a pair of white gloves, which, for this horn, actually make sense. White gloves while playing a black instrument always look nice).
    The price? An unbelievable € 298 new.
    www.thomann.de

And I paid exactly the same amount for an e-bay purchase... wait for it... an Olds Ambassador Cornet, 1952 vintage, in pristine condition (out of the estate of a Dresden collector who himself had never learned to play and just collected the hooters for the sake of collecting them...). It's still in it's original factory wrapper and case... won't stay that way long, I promise you that!
    It's in the post now and will reach me within a few days, so wish me luck!

2. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    Congratulations!

3. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice find on that Ambassador:oops:

4. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    Awesome find. :thumbsup:
    Please make sure to post a picture once you got it to make our mouths water
    or to produce green envy :-)

BTW what is the serial number of that cornet?
    My 1952 Ambassador is in the 61XXX range.

5. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    B-man, you sound like someone after my own heart. On several occasions I have bid on one auction while another is shipping to me. It's like Christmas in (insert month here)