Name that Trumpet (part 2)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I only have 3, and I think nearly all would ID them quickly; so a short thread.
    My three:
    1. Jupiter 846RL
    2. Olds Clark Terry L-13T
    3. Schagerl Killer Queen.
    Maybe a mix of Cornets to test the true F'horn giants....I will have to learn how to do those recordings.
    Thanks again, good thread.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I wasn't even close .... but impressed with the Holton Symphony (my fav of the bunch). Is that a T-101?

Sound clips from my group would be pretty easy to distinguish, I think. If there was only somebody around here who sounded good enough on them for a clip......:-(

Connstellation 38b
    Getzen Severinsen
    Eastman 420g
    Martin Handcraft (1924).

The Eastman would be the hard one to identify, I think, because nobody knows what it sounds like (dark, but not as rich or broad as the Connstellation). The old Handcraft is odd too ..... sounds nothing like a Committee:-(.

Turtle

coolerdave likes this.
  3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    couldn't attempt to say which horn is which but I like #1 the best.

coolerdave likes this.
  4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Thanks for checking them out..... I would reallly enjoy hearing those horns you have and you playing them..that's part of the fun

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    The Symphony was made before Leblanc bought Holton. I actually played one of the T101's and it really felt and sounded Bach like. This Symphony plays really nice but is quite a bit darker.... well that's what I thought until I heard it recorded.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

I probably won't even recognize the sound of my trumpets when they're recorded.

I'm getting a practice shed built and intend to do some recording in there ... If I got my teacher to play the instruments (30+ years more experience than me), we'd get a Mt. Vernon Bach thrown into the mix, plus something that's more sophisticated than my version of When The Saints Go Marching In.:lol:

Turtle

7. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    AWESOME!!! I wish you didn't feel so self conscious about how you play...the group here is great.. and I am sure I am somewhere in the lower 20% in the forum on skill level .. and if I am nuts enough to post (cracks and all) .. you are safe Turtle

8. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    A lot of lookers but not alot of takers.. were the clips too long and time consuming?

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    in case anyone was interested in checking this out before it gets lost in the myriad of threads ... clips are on the first page

10. dkrice

dkrice Pianissimo User

May 20, 2011
    My guess as well. I'm surprised I got any correct. :shock:

coolerdave likes this.