NAMM 2014 in Anaheim.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by acarcido, Jan 5, 2014.

1. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    So who is going?

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    you love to rub it in .. admit it

3. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I wish I was, but unfortunately am on the wrong coast! I may fly out next year, but I guess I better start planing that now! It was so easy to spend the weekend from San Diego, but I'm very, VERY glad I don't have to live in that place any more!
    For those of you that are going, here's my best advice - warm up on your usual equipment before you start the day, use the smartphone app to help you get around, and map out all the booths you really want to hit. Once you finish your map, see everything else that you can, and keep revisiting your favorites to make sure they're really still your favorites - all that gear can be overwhelming!
    Lastly, make sure you go visit Trent Austin at the Adams booth - he's too much fun, and so are those horns! Big names show up there occasionally, too - I have pics with Wayne Bergeron and Joey Defrancesco at the Adams booth :)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Hammond B-3 Joey Defrancesco? Does he too play trumpet? That'd be too cool:cool:

5. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    He certainly does, and extremely well, too! He's playing a beautiful new Adams A9 now :). He seemed so surprised I would want a picture with him - super humble as well as an incredible musician!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Is the world really big enough for two Hammond B-3/Trumpet players?:dontknow:

Joey is a cool person. He rapped alot with our sax players daughter when at the Nighttown. He was a very cool person and very easy to talk too.

7. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Hi Amanda, I agree that the NAMM app is fantastic to organize your time there. Too bad you're on the other side of the coast but it seems to me you like it there better than in SD. Besides, I think NAMM will be going to Chicago later on this year too. Not too sure on that for a fact though. I can't wait to go and check out at the new stuff. Will definitely stop by and visit Trent.

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    I'd love to go if anyone needs help manning a booth!

9. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Summer NAMM is usually in Nashville - I've heard it's fun and may hit it one day. Winter NAMM is the big one, though, and waaaaayyy too awesome!

10. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Payton?