National Anthem 49ers/Panthers playoff game

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by shooter, Jan 12, 2014.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I don't see where he added much extra - he didn't slur the High G to the DHC like Arturo Sandoval did many years ago at the Orange Bowl - tooooo much vibrato? ---- you people are whacked ---- there are numerous vids of Jesse playing and whatever vibrato you hear ---- man - that is "his sound" ----- so for the naysayers, KT says when (or if) you people ever develop your sound beyond the "cookie cutter" regular trumpet sound, then maybe you got something to talk about. This is the way the guy plays. ------ and up an octave or down an octave (yes peeps) it could go either way --- it's all good when you play the National Anthem

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The DOD version as is also the Diplomatic version, and the Olympic version, is all you'll hear from me. As for words, there are 4 verses, but seldom does one hear more than one sung.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    And what does the DOD version say about leaving the other 3 verses out when singing? That seems a bit hypocritical on the DOD part - if they demand the instrumental to be played in a particular way - then to me - when singing they should allow for all the verses

4. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    I wll take any of the trumpeters :play: over so many of the vocalists.

Remember Rosanne Barr? :bash::bash::bash:

Rick

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    All of those guys are great .. and they are pretty much playing how they play. I liked Adam Rapa's the best. I am not a big fan of blinging up the National Anthem.

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    KISS is always utile. And MORE verses? I've heard too many people mess up just ONE verse! When I was an elementary student we had to learn the words just like we learned the Pledge of allegiance. Many years past

7. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    When it comes to instrumental the "DOD version" is one time through and finite.
    Why "allow for all the verses"? One time through is enough. Who wants to sit through four verses? IMO it kills the emotional arc of the tune.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If Jesse only plays with that much vibrato, thanks for the warning!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ©

9. mush-mouth

mush-mouth Pianissimo User

Aug 3, 2009
    No, and let's try to keep it that way! :-)

10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Right up with Miz Barr is Macy Gray's murdering of it at the Hall of Fame game some years back. Embarrassing as all get out:roll::-(