National Anthem performance by one of the "worlds best trumpeters"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tatakata, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    ..... david longoria

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I would call that a south of the border sound.

3. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Well, it WAS a San Diego Padres game, so at least he's close.

His website has several pictures of him playing whlie pretty girls stand/dance around him. Good gigs.

4. tripletongue

tripletongue New Friend

Feb 9, 2008
    WOW! I can't believe the racist comments above! I don't ever understand why musicians pick on other trumpet players like that anyway. I saw David Longoria play in New York and he was amazing. He played higher than double c and he improvised great. Plus he was a really nice guy that encouraged all the other trumpet players at my school. I read that quote on the record label site saying "one of the world's best trumpet players" which if you finished school, only means he is on the long list of best players. I saw that National Anthem vid on youtube and I see an awesome trumpet player. This was a long time ago but he has more current vids from concerts and the Tonight show. Go see his outdoor concert with an improv cadenza.

5. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    what's up with the ladies flanking him? That's just weird.

And why would you ever want to put "one of the world's best trumpeters" in your opening... even if you were Vizzutti, Hardenberger, Marsalis, etc? wow.

-T

PS: Wasn't Rosanne Barr's Anthem also at the Padres stadium? ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
    tatakata likes this.
  6. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

The ladies on either side of him are to catch him in case the Evil Dr. Valsalva makes an appearance!

tatakata likes this.
  7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    LOL Eeviac!

What is up with the vibrato -- was he nervous? I'd be nervous with two people staring at me the whole time, too...

8. Adam Smith

Adam Smith Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2006
    MTSU
    I like how he throws his arms up at the end.

9. Trumpet Trooper

Trumpet Trooper New Friend

Dec 16, 2007
    Texas
    I'm from the border area and that vibrato is very common amongst Mariachi players.

I thought he had a really good sound.

10. tripletongue

tripletongue New Friend

Feb 9, 2008
    Doesn't anybody listen to pop music too? Deeper love was a big song last year and that was him and Cece Penniston. He is an amazing trumpet player and I don't see any good player should be picked on here. When this was done he was performing in club shows with those girls called the Venetian Blondes. They sang and danced in New York. This video was a long time ago.