National Anthem performance by one of the "worlds best trumpeters"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tatakata, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

I thought the sound is very "hard" but hey, he's in a huge stadium and a lot of what's heard is what the sound system adds/subtracts.

I am already developing a distaste for high notes to show off, but the crowd sure ate it up when he did 'em.

2. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    how on earth were pedal cs comments "racist" :dontknow: :roll:

3. tatakata

May 29, 2007
    :lol:

4. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

yeah, wtf is the deal with the ladies? Where are the guys in thongs?

5. tatakata

May 29, 2007
    ya... :-?

6. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    ... should have given him the worlds most obnoquious vibrato throughout a song

7. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005

"South of the border," as in Mexico, is a place where Maraichi music is popular. I don't know for sure if it originated there or not, but it's certainly played there. Another poster thought he played with a Marichi-like sound and/or vibrato and refered where you'd likely hear that style. Race doesn't seem to be mentioned.

San Diego (where the video was filmed) is in southern California. Fairly near the Mexican border, if I'm not mistaken.

I fail to see the slightest evidence of racism in this thread and I object to your accusation.

8. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Come on guy. Its called "Class". Look it up bro. Nothing shows you are a true gentleman like a matching pair of platinum blonds. Trust me one this. I played like crap on my last recital but I had a couple honeys flanking me, as usual, and I got 7 standing ovations. Swear to god I did.

Think of it as an investment.

CHAMP likes this.
  9. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    [​IMG]

10. forrest

forrest Piano User

Aug 14, 2007
    St Louis MO
    I'm fairly sure it's that killer shirt and not his playing that's getting him those ladies.

Chicks dig a musician in ruffles. I had one like that - in 1978.