National Anthem performance by one of the "worlds best trumpeters"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tatakata, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Citius, Altius, Fortius! What I like about trumpet is .... those pearl-white Doc Martens are still in the used clothing place downtown.... those and a white Western shirt with pearl buttons..... heh heh!

2. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    PHss... you guys gotta be in public to get chicks when you play? I have chicks bashing through my front door, but strangley its only when I wear a ruffled shirt...

3. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    it makes me irate when people screw with the national anthem like that

isn't he a "trumpetist" anyway? if that is the case he is the only one i know, and therefore the world's greatest!!!

4. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    Compared to what vocalists do to the piece before games I thought this was pretty restrained.

(The girls really should have turned around to face the flag, though. "Twist and face the flag" is not the same as "turn and face the flag." I have my doubts about whether either of them made it through Basic.)

Is that an Ambassador he's playing?

5. tripletongue

tripletongue New Friend

Feb 9, 2008
    yes 1978. And just when was your last hit record? Longoria had a top 20 last year singing and playing with cece penniston and when i saw him play in los angeles at the hollywood palladium it was a sold out concert where he was awesome. I went there to see Spyro Gyra and jazz guitarist marc antoine but Longoria was the clear highlight. his videos on vh1 always have babes in them but that doesn't diminish his great musicianship. 2 of the top victoria's secret models are fans and were at that show.go watch him on youtube there are several beautiful performances there. I think its great that there is a trumpet palyer out there that sounds great and is on the charts. I mean not just the musak smooth jazz charts.

6. DaveLindgren

DaveLindgren Pianissimo User

Feb 15, 2007
    Rohnert Park, Ca

I had a last minute emergency and couldn't make it. :dontknow:

7. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    you're david longoria, aren't you...welcome david longoria, the world's greatest trumpetist!!!

8. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    The people at the game loved it.

9. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    :lol:

10. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.