NATURAL TRUMPET PLAYING

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ROGERIO, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Barry,

I received my set last week. It is a sweet deal. A lot of music to work through.

I want to thank you again for the service on the trumpet I purchased from your shop Barry. I'm really enjoying it.

Still working on narrowing down the mouthpiece choice. I was laid up for a few weeks recovering from surgery.

Thanks again,

Rogerio

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Re: Tarr books

www.drawbridgemusic.com is cheaper

3. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Old, old thread.... CPR needed...

I just looked again for the Tarr books...

For those of you that got all 3 for under $40 bucks..... CONGRATS...
    They found their costly mistake....

Any new NAT players out there???

Where any of you at ITG and caught Barry's performance?
    Nice job... and early in the morning too...

4. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

$84.96 at Drawbridge now. YIKES!!!

Sorry that's too much money. I got mine though.

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    The 1997 ITG conference in Gothenberg, Sweden featured Niklas Ekland in several concerts. I was able to meet him and buy his CD's. In regards to dumping water, Niklas stood in front of a packed house in his recitals. He pulled the slide, tilted the horn up, and blew out the water. He did it like an Olympic athlete, slowly, with style and grace. He made dumping water part of the art form of playing the horn.

6. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    I suspect I'll have my first exposure to the natural trumpet next month which I'm really looking forward to. I have a week long seminar in the UK with Michael Laird and Keith Johnson. I'll let you all know how well (or otherwise) it goes.

Regards,

Trevor

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Barry was also very graceful while draining... (sorry Barry.. that sounds a little bad doesn't it?)

The Olympic comment was funny... :lol:

:think: ADMINISTRATOR... again, how about a special forum on NATS ?? "if you build it, they will come..." Valve-less discrimination!!!! I say...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;-)

8. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    I second the forum suggestion:)

-Kelly

9. AKart

AKart Pianissimo User

Jun 24, 2005
    Russia, Moscow
    Buying

Dear Sirs!

Can you advise any reliable internet shops where it's possible to buy any natural trumpet with a nice price?

Thank you!

10. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    Alexander -
    I don't know what your "nice price" threshhold is, but I'll attempt an answer.

For Americans like me, going through Barry Bauguess at The Baroque Trumpet Shop is clearly the best choice. The lowest cost trumpet he sells is the Munkwitz, which is made in Germany. Prices are on the web site, and it's a very good instrument for its prce level. Shipping from the U.S.A. to Russia would add cost, but if the base price is acceptable to you, you might email Barry to ask if it would be possible for you to buy a European instrument through him but have it shipped from Europe to save on the cost.

Your other, and perhaps best low-cost option is the used market. It requires significant patience, but every now and then a good deal pops up. Word of mouth is often the best way to find used baroque trumpets. I wonder if any of our European members have any ideas for you?

I know this isn't a lot of specific information about resources, but hopefully it has helped a small amount. Best of luck with this.