Need Authentic Shofar Solo for Indie CD

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Devora Clark, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Cool.

2. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    Where's the "double like" button? A lot of people think that shofars sound like the movies (Lord of the Rings when Rohan joins the fight) but the ones I've heard sound more like kazzus' (sp?)

3. Devora Clark

Devora Clark New Friend

Mar 1, 2012
    Dalton, GA, USA
    Hello PAtkins! Glad to hear that there are some people out there who are willing to stand out in the crowd and dare say you're anointed, understanding my request for what it is and taking my request seriously. Sorry you're having trouble. Maybe my video version will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjhWCsmVn0

4. Devora Clark

Devora Clark New Friend

Mar 1, 2012
    Dalton, GA, USA
    Sorry you're having trouble, PAtkins. Maybe the video version will play here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFjhWCsmVn0
    (sorry this video posted twice ... I tried to delete this 2nd message but can't find the delete button).:shock:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Got it message sent. Best Regards,

6. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Patkins, I for one would be interested in hearing the piece and your shofar playing. They produce an amazingly full and intense sound and are most appropriate for some events.

I, however, am more annoying than anointed.

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Thanks Vulgano Brother. Devora has another fellow as well and felt in a quandary. I advised her since he had responded
    First to give him a shot and if she was not satisfied I would be glad to. Thus, of it works out I will inform you. I think any
    Trumpet player could play one, but actually the embouchure is more akin to the French Horn. You described it's purpose
    Perfectly.

8. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    There are a number of "spiritual" instruments we can buzz our lips into. Shofar, Didjeridu and Trumpet being the most prominent, and I like to treat them all with respect. Not the cornet, though--a profane instrument, the banjo of brass instruments.
    :cool:

9. Devora Clark

Devora Clark New Friend

Mar 1, 2012
    Dalton, GA, USA
    Thank you all for your response to my posting (looking for anointed shofarist). I had several inquiries from this site. I went with the first guy, as PAtkins suggested. It was a tough decision b/c they all seemed to be the best choice. Thanks! Devora
    DeVoRaClark.JPG

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I too have attended a Messianic congregation -- and I would say NO, not any trumpet player can play one -- at least not me, at least not without practice -- I may very well be a decent trumpet player -- but am most definitely a poor Shofar player.
    and yes VB -- Devora found someone who is in the know on TM --and someone who is decent ---- and I have several connections beyond those of Patkins -- that I will send her -- as I know 2 very anointed Shofar players, that can do the job. but Patkins must be quicker than I am!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL