Need Authentic Shofar Solo for Indie CD

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Devora Clark, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    KT, You are always right; except, when your wrong! Dah!!!!ROFLROFL
    But, Your still not crazy after all these years!

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and if I was never wrong, would I always be right??? -- I am still not crazy, that is good news, because I wasn't looking to be crazy either!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    that being said -- I am glad that you are quicker than I am -- but if your Shofar chops "fall apart" --- my "annointed" contacts that I gave to Devora are a lot younger than you and me -- like in their late 20's, which means, they are not only annointed, but have some endurance also. Rosh Hashanah last year this one guy did the 100 Shofar blasts ---- and he still had volume, and tone, and sound quality left --- and he held some of those blasts for like 2 minutes each -- ahh, yes, how nice to be young!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- but then again, OLD people like us have Sage advice to offer!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Devora Clark

Devora Clark New Friend

Mar 1, 2012
    Dalton, GA, USA
    I'm sure there were some OLD Shofarists that could blow with the best of the younguns. Remember, it's the Holy Spirit who provides the wind. It is not in your own strength, if you are truly anointed:) Devora

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, Patkins and I know that -- but we are trumpet players on TM, so there is a "male" ego type thing that sometimes goes on --- if we don't catch ourselves ---and then we have some "bravado", (warranted or not) that creeps in --- whereby we MALE trumpet players contend that "we can play a higher note than the other guy", or that, "we can play longer, or louder" than the other guy ----- I am sure you understand, it's kind of a guy thing!!! ---- so I had to say (since I can't really play a Shofar) that MY "annointed" young men, are YOUNGER than both Patkins and I, and that is a guy thing. ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Shofar, So Good! Better roll with the punches; otherwise ya us' get rolled!

6. Devora Clark

Devora Clark New Friend

Mar 1, 2012
    Dalton, GA, USA
    Totally fine. I guess that's where that expression comes from, "go toot your own horn" meaning you're boasting in yourself ))) LOL

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes, I think on TM, it is all in "good fun" - so far as I know we aren't really competing (per se) against one another. We aren't throwing up vids just to say -- look, I am better than you (we throw them up to say --hey this is me, this is what I am doing). Mostly we try to explain our experiences with the trumpet playing, and HOPE to help someone improve their playing -- so it is all about caring, sharing, and motivating others to play the horn, or get better at it, to at least "DO SOMETHING" with their music. OR something like that --- of course with the majority of us TM'rs being guys -- yes I think VB alluded to it earlier -- sometimes it digresses into talking about beer, or women, or fast cars and motorcycles --- so he just forwarning you that it is a "secular" sight, pretty much with a lot of male testosterone and such, so to NOT take offense at us ---at least NOT all of us.