Need digital tracing/rubbing of this bell logo

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ConnDirectorFan, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Need [digital or scan/etc.] tracing/rubbing of this bell logo

Does anyone know where I can get a digital, 2-dimensional flat tracing of this Conn bell logo?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I can't really draw the logo freehand, and no record of it seems to exist other than photos of the Conn 16x series from the 1970s.

Another logo I don't need as much, but am looking for, is "Director" from
    [​IMG]
    Other than the Conn 18x bells from the 1980s, this is the only print ad I've seen with the Henkin Director logo, and a Google "Search by Image" yields no other size of this ad on the web. Any thoughts on where this can be found?

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Take tracing paper and rub a crayon on it to get the impression?

3. Reedman1

Reedman1 Piano User

Sep 5, 2013
    NY, USA
    I could straighten it reasonably well in Photoshop or do a by-hand vector tracing which would be fairly forward to straighten. I can't guarantee perfect reproduction of the "original" proportions; I'm not convinced that this artwork was ever a flat original on paper. If you want me to try, please reply - don't know how you PM here, but if you know how, do that. I'd need a reasonably good photo, or a couple of them, to work from. Alternatively, you could contact Conn-Selmer and see if they can help.

4. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    I would, but I don't have access to a 16x Conn, and buying one for just this purpose would be difficult due to the high prices charged [but if you have a cheap-to-go 16A early model with the odd wrap, perhaps I can make some headway there... :-)]

5. ConnDirectorFan

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Thank you - I will send you a PM shortly. Unfortunately, Conn-Selmer is not known for standing by lower-quality products made by a company that they consider "ancestral" due to the various acquisitions and mergers Conn underwent before reaching its present form...I might try emailing them later, however...