Need for new stuff.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GijsVis, Sep 23, 2012.

1. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Hey TM,

After some concerts and working I have some spare money and now I'm on the hunt for new stuff :lol:. And I thought, let's ask TM first if they might have some, rather than to pick some random American stranger from eBay, because it just feels weird.

I'm looking for several things:
    - A Schilke 14a4a (can be second hand, as long as it's cheaper than new :lol:)
    - A vintage harmon mute, it doesn't matter if it's dented, or old, or whatever, as long as it's vintage and still playable.
    - A Conn Coprion of Connstellation trumpet, I'm not really sure on what to take on that one yet, so I'm open to any suggestions.
    - An old, playable horn to convert into a C trumpet and to mess around with (no red rot or dents would be appreciated)

Furthermore, any other suggestions on horns that you want to get rid of are welcome, but my budget is limited, I keep it (far) under the four digits. Keep in mind, that it has to be sended to the Netherlands as well btw.

Thanks all,
    Gijs Vis

2. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I'm looking for several things:
    - A Schilke 14a4a (can be second hand, as long as it's cheaper than new :lol:)

Ummm, no.

- A vintage harmon mute, it doesn't matter if it's dented, or old, or whatever, as long as it's vintage and still playable.

Pretty sure that modern harmons work just as well as vintage ones do.

- A Conn Coprion of Connstellation trumpet, I'm not really sure on what to take on that one yet, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Dont know about Conn trumpets enough.

- An old, playable horn to convert into a C trumpet and to mess around with (no red rot or dents would be appreciated)

Why do you need a C trumpet?

I say, save your money. Save it and dont waste it on any of these items. Do you take private lessons? Maybe you should with this money. Do you need any repairs? There are other uses for this money. Invest wisely.