need help finding some trumpet parts

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wolfeking, May 13, 2012.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Gives me an idea for another thread ... "What's you stuck Yamaha slide story?"

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Please, the only people that should hear about stuck slides and valves are brass musical instrument repair techs and such occurs among all brands mostly by neglect.

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    For any one interested, I live in Greensboro NC, Madison isn't that far away as there is a four lane there and back. There are several good techs in the area.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Bob, he is cheap and doesn't want to spend the money for competent tech service. I too know where he lives and sleep easier knowing he's more than 100 miles from me.

I know of no competent brass tech's near me. Do you? Jackson NC is Northampton County seat appoximately 15 miles East of I-95 on U.S. 158. IMO it is almost a dead music area, the town having fewer than 600 by 2010 census including man, woman and child, many adults near my age and mostly older.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    But he does know a WELDER!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL That cracked me up!!!

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Cosmetically it may be possible that the tuning slide could be brazed but I wouldn't rely on the sound of the instrument thereafter or the sound of his own Conn Director which he said he had welded.

The best welding, actually brazing, I ever did was on a jack plane in high school woodshop that I had dropped and broken. After grinding my braze, the plane was accepted and put back in service ... but does any carpenter or woodsmith use them today? My own large plane now is electric.