Need Help Identifying My Conn Victor 22B Trumpet Year and Model (pics included)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by garrettmarvel, Jun 10, 2012.

1. garrettmarvel

garrettmarvel New Friend

Jan 21, 2009
    clearly its a Conn Victor 22B trumpet, but i'm not sure the year and if there is a model name other than "Victor" or otherwise. the serial number is 518960.

:dontknow: anybody know how to figure out the details on a Conn horn? :dontknow:

I'm considering selling it because I never play it anymore, not because I don't love it...

Thanks - Garrett

image2B.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. harleyt26

harleyt26 Mezzo Forte User

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.
    That should be a 1955 Conn 22B Victor with the .4375 bore. It should have some nickle plated trim with a lot of laquered brass. Is it in good shape?
    You have to post a link to the pictures through a site like photobucket. I think it can also be done through the gallery link at the top of the page but I am not familiar with that method.
    Does it look like the one in this link?
    The Conn Loyalist

D.C. Al fine likes this.
  3. garrettmarvel

garrettmarvel New Friend

Jan 21, 2009
    its been a while since my trumpet was identified as a 55 conn 22b. how or where is the best place to sell it to get the most fair and reasonable value out of it? of course ebay is an option, but wondering if there are other or better niche venues?

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    You could advertise it here and on Trumpet Herald, if you're a member there.

5. garrettmarvel

garrettmarvel New Friend

Jan 21, 2009
    How can I gauge the trumpet's value? I know there is a blue/black book for guitars, but is here one for trumpets? Or is it just check eBay sold auctions to see what people will pay?

I know what I paid for it a few years back, so just hoping to get close to same price paid... Does it cost to advertise here on this site and the trumpet herald?

:cool:

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Selling here and on TH is free. To be truthful, I've sold a lot more horns and mouthpieces on TH than I have here on TM, but I like this site better for general trumpet talk. As for value, checking completed eBay listings is a good source, as is asking on trumpet forums. But when you ask the question, you need some good pictures to go along with the question.