need help identifying two unknown jazz tunes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by waldek, Jul 7, 2011.

1. waldek

waldek New Friend

Jul 2, 2011
  2. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    Can't download the plug in. Do you have any other links?

3. waldek

waldek New Friend

Jul 2, 2011
  4. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Waldek, there are plenty of people here who are knowledgeable and I am sure who can answer your question. But few of us want to jump through the hoops of downloading and plowing through the commercial sites that your links lead to.

When asking for help on an issue like this it's best if the leg work is done on your end. I see that you are new to the forum, so please have a look at some of the other threads to see how posters make it easy for readers to hear music.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

5. waldek

waldek New Friend

Jul 2, 2011

6. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for the Youtube Link - that made it a lot easier to listen to the tunes. I don't know the names but based on the style, my guess is that they are studio compositions for use in these types of cartoons rather than commercial releases. Just my guess.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Totally have no idea the names of these tunes, but what a shame to have such noise playing over such great songs.

I can identify this one though (a bit off track, but this cartoon jazz lick is just to cool not to post on this thread).

YouTube - ‪Hey Arnold theme song‬‏

8. waldek

waldek New Friend

Jul 2, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]Many thanks for the thoughts. Supposedly, the first tune belongs for Maynard Ferguson Big Band (the end of the 60’s)[/FONT]

9. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    Yes Waldek, thanks for the youtube link. I'm with Comeback Kid in saying that it was especially recorded for the animation, hence the sound effects playing over it.

gmon, Hey Arnold was one my favorites, but I never paid attention to the jazz at the beginning until watching some reruns recently

10. waldek

waldek New Friend

Jul 2, 2011