Need model of my trumpet to market for sale

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CMc, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CMc

CMc New Friend

Jan 21, 2013
    We have a 4 year old trumpet that has only seen 2 years of use. It is a Stradivarius Bach SN# 656509 Omega step up trumpet. It is silver plated with what appears to be brass and mother of pearl accents. It has a decorative etching on the bell also. I was wondering if you could tell me anything else about this trumpet as I am going to market it for sale. Also what site would you recommend to market this instrument. Thanks for helping me with these questions.:shock:

2. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    The model name should be inscribed on the mouthpiece receiver. Something along the lines of "TR 300."

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    A pre-owned Bach Stradivarius - Omega trumpet w/case just sold 22 Jan 2013 on E-bay for $213.25. From what I can discern, they are an intermediate instrument reputed to have a Stradivarius valve block, but the tubing is less quality than a professional Stradivarius instrument. IMO an intermediate instrument quickly becomes student quality much more rapidly than a professional instrument. You say your instrument is 4 years old which I assume only that you purchased it 4 years ago, and that it was played only initially for 2 years of that time, and for 2 years it was in storage. Again IMO, the 2 years it was in storage were more of a detriment than the 2 years it was played. Too, I consider anything sold at auction to be a risk with about a 50% gambing hype in value vis I think the horn on E-bay may have been worth 50% less than what it sold for.

4. whyit

whyit New Friend

Aug 12, 2012
    Corona CA
    Thats impossible, because you would need a half cent.

5. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    If only there were some mathematical method of representing a numerical result at a lower decimal point, resulting in a number that's not quite as accurate but nonetheless adequate for supplying the required level of precision resulting in a no more than .005 points of variance.

I think there's a solution around here somewhere...

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Not impossible ... just improbable whereas the U.S. did mint a half cent coin, which if it were now on the numismatic market I believe would be worth more than this Bach Omega instrument. Still, trade in the U.S. is calculated in mills (one tenth of a cent) ... you see it every day at the gas pumps and in the assesment and calculation of your property tax bill ... 5 mills = a half cent. Durn copper coin was bigger than a current 25 cent quarter coin and heavier. Still, a "half-cent" coin, as it was designated would still have that face value in common trade today, but I'm not a fool to spend it that way. I've now 2 new dollar coins in my pocket, which I'll trade both for a half-cent coin.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013