Need to replace bottom cap

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Barbie, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Barbie

Barbie New Friend

Oct 9, 2008
    Brunswick, GA, USA
    My dad recently gave me his 70s Getzen Severinsen Eterna 900S. One of the bottom valve caps is missing. Although I'm now 55, I'm only in my second year of lessons. I want to replace this cap, but I can't seem to find anyplace on line that sells a cap for the Silver model I have. Can anyone help to get me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

2. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Try the Band Room. they carry replacement caps for different brands, you may be able to find a match there..........Buck:oops:

www.thebandroom.biz

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I may have one, and you can have it if it's the right cap. I'm not completely sure, though - anyone have a closeup pic of one for me to compare mine to? It came on an old Conn 22B I own (same threads), but I've since found an original 22B cap, and this Getzen? cap is just taking up space in my parts box.

4. Barbie

Barbie New Friend

Oct 9, 2008
    Brunswick, GA, USA
    Buck, thanks you for your quick reply. I tried the band room, and yes, they have what I need. They also have lots of other neat stuff to look at.

:thumbsup:

5. Barbie

Barbie New Friend

Oct 9, 2008
    Brunswick, GA, USA
    Dale, thank you very much for your offer. I found what I need in the band room. Now I won't "leak" as much, ha-ha. ;-)

6. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Barbie.

The problem with " air leakage" will be solved and you may find less valve oil "dripping" on you clothing. Bottom caps are good!

Best wishes,

Lloyd

7. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    You're welcome - glad you found one.