nerves during performance

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by melza, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    GB sez:
    THE DRUG SOLUTION -

Good, old fashioned oxygen. Deep breathing excersizes before any performance fills your body up with this wonderful chemical. Also gets your breathing right for playing the trumpet.
    -----------
    I like the way you think GB. Deep breathing exercises can help calm a person down too. Great post, Bravo!!

2. GB in Japan

GB in Japan New Friend

Feb 21, 2010
    Cheers mate.

3. Bixel

Bixel Pianissimo User

Jan 1, 2010
    Germany
    I was trying to be funny - which obviously didn't work, probably due to my poor English(?).

Sorry for that, guys!

What I was trying to say is:
    "To prevent somebody (like rowuk) from blowing somebody (else) beta blockers may well be of some help.
    They block adrenaline production, eliminate nervousness."

Not funny? Sorry again!

Of course drugs are not the first choice solution for anything (not even for a somewhat unrelaxed, corny attitude).

As far as Bird and Miles are concerned: I know not to be the only one to honestly doubt that "Kind of blue" would have had become that musically impressive (and that well known) if recorded by clean musicians.

That's part of the tragedy in art and human being.

What business?

:shock:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    I'd recommend to play more in front of an audience. Start small: friends, family ect. eventually you'll get used to it more.
    The nerves will never 'dissappear', that's what you get from wanting to do good during a performance.
    on top of that, allways carry a bottle of water with you.

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008

Ahhhh! I get you now, and it is funny. We just lost a little in translation...

6. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey,

I certainly do not want my brians blown out by Rowuk. I was just mentioning something that worked for me as I suffered from chronic nervousness. And BTW, I have none of the litany of side affects people have been mentioning. There are side affects of breathing you know, perhaps we should stop doing that.

For some, being nervous is not an effect of lack of preparation. I agree that that possibilty should be ruled out before seeking medicinal help, which I did and it did not resolve the issue.

I was overly prepared both in practice, and talent for the performing I was doing and it still was a problem, So, inderol worked for me.

Shooting down every pharmisuetical option is irresponsible. I mean would we tell an epeliptic to stop taking their meds because it is just bad to be a druggie.

These things were invented for a reason, within reason.

7. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    bixel sez:
    was trying to be funny - which obviously didn't work, probably due to my poor English(?).

Sorry for that, guys!

What I was trying to say is:
    "To prevent somebody (like rowuk) from blowing somebody (else) beta blockers may well be of some help.
    They block adrenaline production, eliminate nervousness."

Not funny? Sorry again!
    ---------------
    Whew! Now I think I get it. Glad to finally understand that you were simply making humor and not advocating drug use to enhance performance. Your entries are typically intelligent and well thought out. Sorry I didn't understand the humor, my bad.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yep Jason, I wouldn't want Rowuk to blow my brians out either - nope, certainly wouldn't - what are brians? ;-)

9. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL

Um, yea. I can't spell. I obviously meant "Brains".ROFL

10. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    Heaps of stuff to take in here, I have another performance next week, I will try breathing and having a bottle of water nearby and just try to relax, thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.