new 72 / 25LR info wanted

Discussion in 'Horns' started by mark935, May 10, 2004.

1. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    Hi Bachsters. :)

I was wondering if I could get some info on a brand new horn a high junior with my church just bought?

A new silver strad, 72 bell with 25LR on the receiver. No reverse tuning slide, no third spit valve and the tuning slide had only one brace. I didn't look for a star on the bell. Didn't know what to look for. I've searched for an hour now. Darker sound than a 37 or 43.

I was wondering you could fill me in on this horn.

thanks

2. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Shame on you guys, getting high in church! ;-)

Dave

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    If anybody has ever played a "High Mass" in a Catholic Church, complete with incense, you will know what it's like to get high. Man, that smoke makes me dizzy! Plus, having to inhale so deeply while playing the horn.

:-)

It sounds like that horn has had some mods done to it. How does it play?

Mike

4. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    Alright, alright you guys.

A high school junior, definitely not the get high type.

I'm asking you guys how it plays. It's brand new so I didn't ask to play it. (didn't want to get turned down. I'll let the new wear off a bit. She's a kid.)

btw- i've never trusted anybody that burns incense. :)

5. hrnlip

hrnlip New Friend

Jan 1, 2004
    Kenmore NY
    If it has a single brace then it could be a liteweight with normal 72 bell. If there's a star (*) on bell next to 72 then it's a LT with LT bell. Still much darker than a 37 or 43.
    By the way, when I was an altarboy many decades ago I was in charge of the incense Septurn and the filling of the water and wine vessels.....he, he, he,.... :twisted: :roll:

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Naughty, naughty.............

:twisted: