New analysis regarding Buescher and Elkhart trumpets

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by VetPsychWars, Jun 18, 2013.

1. badenia

badenia Piano User

Oct 25, 2013
    California
    Bochawa!!!,

I do have in mind some sort of update publication, but as you can tell the research is arduous and time consuming. My files are becoming pretty thick on the Conn Companies alone. I have been in touch with Dean McMakin who wrote a couple of 1987 booklets that are part of the footnotes for Ms Banks publication. I now have copies. Ms Banks has never responded to me, although she did briefly meet with Kenton of horn-u-copia that past fall.

2. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Not to belittle this fantastic research, but I feel like releasing this information online would be pretty good by itself. Physical publication is always a good idea, though, and this certainly would be a good update to the established histories. Now we just need ones for Huttl, Amati, and the many Meinls...

3. badenia

badenia Piano User

Oct 25, 2013
    California
    I do supply much of my information to the Conn Loyalist and horn-u-copia. As the info on Elkhart grows, I will likely be updating the Bueascher Loyalist as well. I have touched bases with him already.

I am hoping to have some prelim's on the Elkhart BIC later this month.

4. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Fantastic! On a funny side note, I checked the Buescher Loyalist, and noticed the modern BU7 model. They may not care to know this, but that model is a Hoxon Gakki stencil of the CarolBrass 1000H student model.

5. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    I think we need to get as much info as possible and put together a short indie film...the engravers obviously deserve a segment or two :)

6. KeyBoneSax

KeyBoneSax New Friend

Jan 16, 2015
    Atlanta GA 30319
    Here's a relatively new one, I think. My daughters flugel.
    BuescherFlugelBell25percent.jpg
    BuescherFlugelLeft25percent.jpg
    BuescherFlugelRight25percent.jpg

7. CMCGRAD83

CMCGRAD83 New Friend

Feb 17, 2015
    Midwest
    Just got a 1939 Buescher 400 225. Needs a third valve spring and one of those three pronged "star" valve guides...any good sources??

8. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    See my posting on Trumpet Herald. :-)

Tom

9. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Neat! At that time Buescher was only a name; I don't know if anyone there had any input in instrument design. I think that is mostly a Bundy, but at least it has an historic name on it. :-)

Tom

10. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina