New Bach 180S37 problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wacbandvet, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I agree.

Get rid of that horn, which is known for red rot. Oh wait, we're not talking about Yamaha. Well ... get rid of that horn, which is known for alloy problems. Oh wait, we're not talking about Schilke. Well ... get rid of that horn, which is known for finicky valves. Oh wait, we're not talking about Kanstul.

Should I continue? :-)

Mike

2. TrumpetMD

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Of course, my last reply was ridiculous. And I suspect that barliman2001's reply was also tongue-in-cheek. I just wanted to highlight how we fixate on certain "facts" about a specific manufacturer.

Mike

3. brad361

brad361 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2008
    Hey Dale

Almost sounds as if someone we know from TH has infiltrated this thread!
    Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but....wow.
    And BTW: I'm new around here, and am not a dyed in the wool Bach aficianado, but really??

Brad361

4. chef8489

chef8489 Piano User

Aug 8, 2011
    Asheville nc
    I do like Bach trumpets and my statement for taking it back was just that. Take it back to the shop and let them deal with the problem under warranty. I did not mean take it back and get a different brand.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No need! I told him to get a Getzen!! Problem solved!!! ROFL

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I've got one of the good Bach Strads from '72. I'm glad it's popular and expensive since I bought it as an investment. Unlikely to ever replace what I have though.

7. TrumpetMD

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    lol.

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Hi Brad,

People love to hate a winner. I have 3 Bach Strads, bought completely at random, and I have no complaints about any of them. I'm sure that there are a few Bach clunkers out there, just like with all other mass-produced brands. I'm not a Bach nut, either - I have a few old Conns that I thoroughly enjoy, too, and really like the few Kanstuls and Schilkes I've played. BTW, the Cap'n used to be here, but I think he was banned.

9. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    and now time for my interjection ROFL

and why wouldn't you be? The Conn Victor [well, one of the many, many instruments in that series] is generally awesome...

10. Sharvey

Sharvey Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2012
    Australia
    Wish I had a new Bach Strad to have a problem with