New Bach Endorsement

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Dover, Jun 8, 2012.

1. John Dover

John Dover New Friend

Jan 13, 2009
    Portland, OR
    PRESS RELEASE

########

For immediate release

... John Dover, trumpet Soloist, Clinician, and Educator signs on as a Bach Artist for Conn-Selmer Corporation.

Portland, OR. – April /John D Music// Portland-based trumpet player John Dover has partnered with Conn-Selmer Corp. to represent their Bach line of trumpets as a Bach Artist and Clinician. As a Bach Artists John joins the select ranks that include the principal trumpet for the New York Philharmonic, as well as top tier studio musicians from LA. In his new role John will work with schools and other venues to schedule workshops and guest artist appearances to educate and entertain across the country.

A trumpet performer for over 26 years, John Dover is also a composer, educator, and clinician, as well as a trained vocalist. He has performed everything from Bach to Basie, Elvis to Haydn, and his compositions have been interpreted by groups such as TNSF and the Steve Hall Quintet. John has created and performed on promotional videos for Harrelson Trumpets, and he has produced and starred in his own web series, "Road to the Studio."

John's educational background in Jazz Studies and Trumpet Performance at the University of North Texas and the University of Colorado at Boulder curated an appreciation for multiple genres, making him as much at home in chamber orchestras and quintets as in rock bands and slow jams. His group and solo performances have been in high demand not only in his current home of the Pacific Northwest, but also throughout the US, Mexico, and as far south as Sao Palo, Brazil.

John also seeks to influence tomorrow’s generation by reaching out to the communities where he performs. Through private teaching and workshops, John encourages students to develop their personal practice "workouts," and to adopt his philosophy that only through disciplined, daily practice, study, application, and a constant strive for excellence can one truly realize their best possible sound and technique.

While John continues to expand his career as a soloist and guest artist, this new partnership will open up many new opportunities in school music programs across the United States and elsewhere. With an upcoming trip to Sao Palo, Brazil and solo performance dates in the works for other parts of South America, John is excited to bring his sound to the world. This new partnership will allow John to not only leverage his own talents to reach new audiences, but also to increase public awareness for the superior quality of Bach instruments. For more information on John Dover please visit "http://www.johndmusic.com/"www.johndmusic.com, "http://www.facebook.com/johndovertrumpet"www.facebook.com/johndovertrumpet, "http://www.youtube.com/johndovertrumpet"www.youtube.com/johndovertrumpet, "http://www.reverbnation.com/johndovertrumpet"www.reverbnation.com/johndovertrumpet .

Contact: John Dover; 8022 SE 57th Ave., Portland, OR 97206; 503-890-9129; [email protected]; http://johndmusic.com/

#######

patkins likes this.
  2. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Congrats, now go out there and get the kids (and possibly adults) inspired!

3. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Congratulations. It is good to hear. I hope for you a long and successful career!

4. John Dover

John Dover New Friend

Jan 13, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the support!

5. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Burn through some valves... :)

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Cool. You picked a good brand...:cool:

7. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Can you compare the Artisans to another strad? There is not much out there about what it sounds like and what it compares too.

8. John Dover

John Dover New Friend

Jan 13, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Dale. I am very excited about my new home!

9. John Dover

John Dover New Friend

Jan 13, 2009
    Portland, OR
    My personal experience with the Artisan brand is pretty limited. I have enjoyed playing each one I have played but they just did not click for me as much as my new Strad 72 did. The Artisans are beautiful horns with great response and sound. Since they are each hand made, they each carry a different character so the best thing you can do is try them out whenever possible. You won't be dissapointed.

10. tptshark

tptshark Pianissimo User

Jun 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Congratulations, John - welcome to the gang! ;)