NEW Baroque Trumpet Site

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AKart, Nov 16, 2005.

1. AKart

AKart Pianissimo User

Jun 24, 2005
    Russia, Moscow
    NEW BAROQUE TRUMPET SITE:
    http://baroquetrumpet.alkart.com - Welcome!

If you want to say anithing from your own experience, you can write an article about history or recomendation to players and we will add it on this site. Send them on email: [email protected]

2. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    AKart -
    I understand your enthusiasm for the baroque trumpet and your desire to have a web site to share information about the baroque trumpet, but you should make sure that you have permission to use all of the content you have included. It is illegal and unethical to post content as your own unless the content owner has given you permission to do so.

It is clear to me that most of the content was copied from other sites. It's very easy to copy content using a web browser, but you need to know that you must have permission from the people who created the text, photos, etc. if they are to be located on (redistributed via) your web server. You may link to information on other sites, but may not copy content from them without permission.

I will presume that you were not aware of that this should not be done, and hope to see you correct the situation immediately.

I am certain that you took something from my web server without my permission, and also see that information from Dave Baum's Natural Trumpet Resource page is on many of your pages. I am quite sure that Mr. Baum would not be pleased that you copied content from his site. Some months ago someone took text from his site, and Mr. Baum fought to have it removed from the other web site. Many people, myself included, lost respect for the person that copied that content without Dave's permission

Please do the right thing and remove content that is not your own from your web site. If for no other reason, do it out of respect for others.

3. AKart

AKart Pianissimo User

Jun 24, 2005
    Russia, Moscow
    Dear Sir,

I'm sorry for you that I used a picture you added on forum, I've delete it.

But I'm surprised to hear about using any information from another sites without permission and of course from your site address of which I don't even know.
    Thank you for your reccommendations but I don't need in them because I know all internet author's rules.

While making my web-site, I used:

1) Yu. Usov "Trumpet" (1989, Moscow, in Russian)
    2) Yu. Usov "A history of foreign wind instruments playing" (1984, Moscow, in Russian)
    3) L.Guriev "Baroque trumpet" - article in the jornal "Ancient music" (Moscow, 2001, in Russian)
    4) M.Saponov "Minstrelsy: a Book about Music of European Middle Ages"
    5) E.Tarr "The Art of the baroque Trumpet Playing" (vol.1)
    6) Lections of trumpet history in the Conservatory
    7) Materials from the Ole J. Andersen page with his permission
    8) Photos from Utley's collection, permissed for free uncommercial using what signed on their resource
    9) Photos from Kunsthistorisches Musieum of Vienna with it's permissing
    10) Music files with the permissions of the players
    11) Links on another sites and free information about literature which have no authors and copyrights

If you are satisfied with my reply, I'd like you to withdraw an ultimatum.

4. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    AKart -
    I am glad to hear that you obtained permission in many cases. Please know that your web site will have my full support, provided sources are credited.

You view the material that you copied from Dave Baum's (which appears to have since been added to) site as "Links on another sites and free information about literature which have no authors and copyrights." I don't see it quite the same way. It is true that there is no expressed copyright on his page, but he is clearly the author (and compiler of this information) and you did not credit the source. Even if my interpretation of the situation differs, I accept your intention to abide by authorship rules per your interpretation noted in your post.

Yesterday I exchanged email with Dave about this, and believe he would be willing to grant you permission for non-commercial use. Please send me a PM or email message if you need his contact information.

I am a strong advocate of the need to obtain permission and credit sources, and will acknowledge that it came across in my previous post. But I never issued an ultimatum, so I have nothing to withdraw. If you want to discuss further, let's take it to private email.

Respectfully,
    - Matt

5. BrassOnLine

BrassOnLine Piano User

Nov 22, 2007
    Spain
    Still existing this site ???