New book!! The Big Book Of Pentatonics & Fourths

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ebjazz, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Hi musicians;
    I am happy to announce the release of

“The Big Book Of Pentatonics & Fourths”
    A Method of Practice for the Ambitious Musician.

This is a unique technique book for all instruments and levels. You don’t have to be a jazz improviser to benefit from the concepts and exercises presented in this new book.
    And for the jazzer, it will open you up to whole new vocabulary.

Over 80 pages of four and six note groups all transposed and presented in a creative new method that’s easy to follow and fun to play. Not just another pattern book! No transposing!

Visit ::: Eric Bolvin Music Studios - Publications ::: The Big Book of Pentatonics & Fourths to watch our FREE video and download sample pages to play along!

Happy practicing!

Eb

2. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Just added some more free pages.

Eb

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks Eb.

I really like the fact that you include example videos for your books. Hearing examples of how the exercises are supposed to sound is a great benefit.

It was cool to see a sax and guitar going through the exercises too.

I'll grab one as an early Christmas present...

4. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    I just got the book. I haven't had a chance to really work with it for long, but one thing I did want to mention - the first thing I thought when I unwrapped the book was "well, you can tell it came from a musician. He had the good sense to make it spiral bound!!!"

Sounds trivial, but I get tired of needing clothespins to practice out of method books! =:-)

bigtiny

5. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    For any of your who are thinking about pruchasing this book and or any other books and vidoes from EB Jazz for what its worth I can tell you from experiance the material you receive is well put together, and all I can say is Eric has done a fine job.
    I have some of his material and it has truely enhanced my playing in more ways then one, right now I'm going through the THE MODERN JAZZ TRUMPET METHOD, I use it every day for an hour, it has help me free up my playing immensely.

As a comeback player this was just what I needed.

" The Big Book Of Pentatonics & Fourths " is now on my lwish list. :play:

6. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks cats!! Keep on practicin'!!

Eb