New Brass Publishing Company

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MrWho3421, Jun 1, 2006.

1. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    Hi Everyone

I want to make you all aware of my new project. I started a publishing company. I have a slew of new arrangements for brass quintet and a new beginning method book for trumpet. Some of the brass quintet music I have on the web site includes a set of 3 wedding books, a book of 20 Bach Chorales, Fanfare for La Peri, some original pieces and a bunch of other arrangements that are not available anywhere else.

When I have bought quintet music in the past, I have always hated receiving it with parts that are printed on poor paper. I am printing all of my parts on 67lb cover stock. This way the parts will hold up when your crazy trombone player gets his hands on them.

The web site is:

www.akbrasspress.com

You can also click on the banner add I have on the top of some of the pages on this web site. For some reason when I set up my ad with google, they wouldn't let me use the word press in the title. I had to settle for Quality brass music.

Let me know if any of you have any suggestions on the layout of my web site. I am also taking new submissions. PM me if you have quintet arrangements you might want to have published.

Thanks for you time!

Andrew Kissling

2. bp

bp New Friend

Jul 5, 2004
    Hello Andrew,

I want to wish you the very best with your new publishing company. I have been publishing for longer than I care to remember and have had many ups and downs. (Thanks to everyone who has supported my music over the years!)

I'm glad to hear that you are taking the quality of the publication seriously, too. I also feel this is very important, but frequently buy music that is printed on flimsy paper.

Good luck!

Rob

3. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    Mr. Bradshaw,

Thanks for your kind words. Any advice you may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Andrew K.