NEW CD Life Abundant - Philip Cobb

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by WorldofBrass.com, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Philip Cobb is a young man with a big future.

Philip is a former Principal Cornet player in the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain and, while a member of the band, won the Mortimer solo prize on three successive occasions.

Philip now studies at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama where he is taught by Paul Beniston and Alison Balsom.

Philip was invited to compete in the Maurice Andre International Trumpet Competition where he was awarded the prize for 'Most Promising Newcomer'.

Philip has just released his first ever solo CD on which he demonstrates his talent and ability on cornet, trumpet and piccolo trumpet. Accompaniment is provided by Cory Brass Band and Benjamin Horden (Organ).

Click HERE for more information and to order.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  2. Philip has recently been appointed as Joint Principal Trumpet of the London Symphony Orchestra.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Why does the "World of Brass" logo only show the "old" world. We are reasonably sure that the world is no longer flat................

I have to admire WOB foresight. They really called the shots right 2 years ago. Joint Principal at London is pretty "successful".

I wonder if the Joint Principals get "weeded" out or needled by their colleagues? The funny ones crack me up.