New clips of Maynard..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rbdeli, Jun 1, 2009.

1. rbdeli

rbdeli Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2009
    CO
    I noticed since his passing, a lot of previously unreleased Maynard stuff is now available via MP3.

If anyone wants to share some rare recordings or information on Maynard that's not here, please let us know.

Maynard Ferguson MP3

2. hobby

hobby New Friend

Jun 17, 2009
    hi, could anybody help me with a bit information on a connstelation 38b seriai number E89327 this trumpet was given to my dad by maynard ferguson in the early 70s i think he used it with the stan kenton big band and on his early records before he signed to holton ?.........cheers

3. chetlives

chetlives Pianissimo User

Apr 18, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    Lars Kirmser's Music Trader shows Conn Brasswinds in 1965 beginning with Serial No. E54106. That places your horn as made in 1965 as well. The Player/Horn Combinations website says Maynard's Connstelation 38b was a "Liberator" model. Did a mouthpiece with markings come with your horn? I would be interested to know about that. Anyway, I'd also like to know if there any "Liberator" markings on the horn for future reference.

4. chetlives

chetlives Pianissimo User

Apr 18, 2009
    Van Nuys, CA
    I found out that the "Liberator" is the large bore version of the Connstellation 38b.

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I know this thread has moved to Constellations; so I will try to combine both topics:

1.. Can anyone give an opinion on "The PRO Constellation" 85B from 1990s? How does this compare to the Liberator?

2. I have already placed this under favourite You-tube thread, but worthy here as well:

YouTube - Maynard Ferguson Body and Soul

6. SonicBlast

SonicBlast New Friend

May 7, 2009
    Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
    rbdeli: aren't all of the files on the link you provided on albums already?

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Yeah, but I was after some info on the Connstellation, as well as get the focus back to MF....you're right, it is in the favourite You-tube thread, as I mentioned above.