NEW Comeback Trumpeter Website!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by markwalther, Jan 26, 2009.

1. markwalther

markwalther New Friend

Nov 20, 2008
    Wheaton, Illinois
    Hello,

My name is Mark Walther, and for about 6 months or so, I'm a comeback player. It has been about 24 years since I last played in High School. To aid my journey, and to provide information to others, I've created a new website dedicated to the comeback trumpet player at: Welcome to The Comeback Trumpeter's Website.

Any contributions of knowledge (tips, advice, etc....) would be greatly appreciated. There is also a companion, Google Group at: comebacktrumpeter | Google Groups.

So far, besides myself, trumpeter, Nick Drozdoff has joined, and recently, Mr. Tom Crown of Tom Crown Mutes has joined.

Thanks, Mark

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Mark, welcome to TM. Here's to all us comebackers!

3. OXavier96

OXavier96 New Friend

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    I'm a comebaker and new to TM, so greetings to all!

4. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    I am new as well to TM, I posted in another thread. But I just wanted to say hello.

5. johnMak

johnMak Pianissimo User

Dec 1, 2008
    Ridgecrest CA
    I'm also a comeback player.

But I am at the point that I need to take the next step

Take it to the next level and do something like a community band, or find a person or two to play with...as well as another round of private lessons.

but still, I'm having fun with all this.

I just found the addition to the Standard of Exellence method book, "iPAS" now this adds fun to the practice at home.

anyone else find iPAS? or something simular to this computer program?

6. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    That website doesn't have that much on it.

7. markwalther

markwalther New Friend

Nov 20, 2008
    Wheaton, Illinois
    Hi "oohhh yeah",

Thanks for looking at the site.

You are correct, not that much info yet....as stated, the site is still "under construction".

I just wanted to let people be aware of it, in hopes further contributions will be made to it.

Lots of stuff in the works, including a new video by Nick Drozdoff. In the mean time, please check out Nick's website at: Nick Drozdoff :: Home. There is a lot of great, free information. If you have $2 to spare, I highly recommend purchasing his "Singing Exercises". It is delivered via email in the PDF format.

Thanks!

-Mark

8. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi Mark,

I think a site for comeback players is a great idea. I'm sure there are "age-appropriate" issues us more senior comeback players (I'm 50) can commiserate over! And having Nick join up is a wonderful addition.

I'll be there!

Steve

9. bobmiller1969

bobmiller1969 Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2008
    Mays Landing, New Jersey
    Welcome to TM Mark! Great idea for the website. I'm also a comeback player, and I look forward to seeing how it develops. Good luck!!:thumbsup:

10. progmac

progmac Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2009