New Custom Trumpet and Restoration Shop Silver and Brass Music Shop

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by silverandbrassmusic, Nov 21, 2015.

1. silverandbrassmusic

silverandbrassmusic New Friend

Nov 19, 2015
    Nevada
    Hello everyone, my name is Quentin and I am one of the owners and technicians at Silver and Brass Music Shop. We have spent the last few years getting our business setup and steady in our local area and with everything going so well we are hoping to start making a name for ourselves.

We specialize in the restoration of old professional Trumpets, Trombones, and French Horns. We have lots of content on our website and I would encourage you to take a look at our pictures to see the quality of our work.

Additionally we also build lots of custom instruments. Everything from full length pocket french horns in "f", to rotary valve herald trumpets, to "Jazzophones". We also build semi-custom Bach Stradivarius trumpets, Bach model 182 (Woody Shaw Model) flugelhorn copies, and if you have something special in mind just contact us and we will give you a quick idea on price.

I hope you will check out our website and support our business.

www.silverandbrassmusic.com

Here is a quick picture of one of the custom horns we did for a local customer.

Jazzophone - Silver and Brass Music

We built it from the valves up and unlike the normaphone it resembles it has an actuating "Wa-Wa"

We try to add content to the site as often as possible but obviously it is still a work in progress.

Check out some of our restorations if you have the time!

Restorations - Silver and Brass Music

Here is a quick example:

Bach Stradivarius Model 72 in silver plate. No parts were replaced and the silver was not re-plated.

Model 72 - Silver and Brass Music

2. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Welcome to Trumpet Master.

3. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    Do you replate valves?

4. silverandbrassmusic

silverandbrassmusic New Friend

Nov 19, 2015
    Nevada
    Thank you for welcoming us here.

to: Clarkvinmazz, Yes we do replate valves in our shop but only with in a certain tolerance if that makes sense? We have a definite limit to how much material we can add and if your valves need a lot of material added we would have to send them out to Anderson plating. Either way you will get the benefit of having us lap in your valves with our precision tools and final hand lapping.