NEW ECLIPSE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Mar 20, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi All!

Just thought that i would keep you all up to date on what we are messin with in the workshop!

The Eclipse "C" trumpet was completed some time ago now and is going into regular production as from next week.
    We have Ian Balmaine from the Royal Opera playing it at the moment, and his initial feedback is very exciting, I hope to have his impression of the C up on the site very soon.

You will be able to get some feedback from a couple of great players soon i hope?

As you will be aware the Medium Large Eclipse Trumpets were launched last March at the Frankfurt Music Messe.
    We were always eager to have our own BIG BOY to go along side those and of course it is a natural progression to do so.
    Therefore we are very near the end of the development of the 470 bore Eclipse Bb.

We have managed to keep the same fantastic intonation on the Large bore, but also develop the right leadpipe to compliment the blow without it feeling like you will fall into the horn (if you know what i mean?)

It is a real lead horn and works great with the large yellow or large red bells.It has a huge sound!!!!!!

Last but not least! The Eclipse Flugel is going to be launched at the ITG in Denver (as long as my wife has given birth by then :lol: )

I am not going to say too much about the flugel ! If you are going to Denver and i can make it then you will have the opportunity to play all of the above mentioned instruments.

As for pricing! well the C trumpet and the 470 bore will be the same as the Medium Large Eclipse's.

I do not have the pricing for the flugel yet, but i will inform you all as soon as i do

Regards

Leigh

2. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    Very exciting, Leigh! I can't wait to see pictures and hear some reviews. :-)

3. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    I am curious to see what the new flugel looks like. :wink:

4. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Leigh,
    I'm beginning to feel some discrimination here! :shock: When are you going to come up with a trumpet for us "medium bore" players!!! :D

Butch

5. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This seems like a good spot to add my thoughts on a couple of models that just made their way across the pond... the Medium Red, and the Large Yellow.

The Medium Red is an awesome trumpet! Add a little warmth to the Medium Yellow, in the mid and low registers, and you have a horn with great versatility. Like the MY, it has a quick response, with a little more core sound. Looks like its sibling, the Large Red, will have some serious competition! :D

The first MR is headed to Philadelphia, and I know that it will receive a glowing review from its new owner!

Large Yellow shares the fullness of sound of the Large Red, however, because of the yellow brass bell, the response is very quick, with a bit more brilliance available, should you need it. The sound is very full, with focus. The bottom line is that you simply can't make a bad choice, no matter which side of the fence you prefer... LY, or LR. 8)

Jesse, your choice of the MR for "Gabriel's Trumpet", the winning entry of the Eclipse contest, was an excellent decision! :wink:

More kudos to Leigh, and Eclipse/First Class Brass, for making such great horns!

Best always,
    Bruce

6. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

I'm no expert C trumpet player, but I was very impressed with the Eclipse C.

Similarly, I'm no expert Flugal player, but I was very impressed with the Eclipse Flugal.

(come to think of it, I'm no expert Bb trumpet player either....)

10/10 all round! and very nice chaps they are there at FCB too...

Can somebody give me loads of gigs (or maybe one very highly paid gig) so I can justify getting an Eclipse.. please ?

A go on...

go on...

go on....go on....go on....go on....go on....go on....go on....go on....
    :D

7. nowherenearadouble

nowherenearadouble Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    go on.. go on..
    WELL OK
    No I am pushing you
    BUT I WANT ONE!
    No I am pushin you!

Amazing how a thread grows leg Dave!!
    Alan

8. Welk

Welk New Friend

Jan 8, 2004
    Montréal, Canada
    And when will the Eclipse Slide Trumpet be ready???

Just kidding, but could be kool to have a pro slide trumpet, because the Jupiter one S*cks!

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    If you guys go to the ITG, prepare to spend a lot of time at the Eclipse stand.

The C is beautiful (see Trent's thread) and so is the flugel. They are both a pleasure to play - you won't want to put them down.

The flugel has a really nice big fluffy flugel sound ("with a copper bell, it'd sound like a big ... cloud" - Leigh) - this is not a trumpet! - and its intonation is great. This is definitely the nicest flugel I've ever played, though to be fair I haven't played very many.

I want them both ... and an Eclipse Bb! (Or two)

10. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I've heard a little "buzz" about another new model... the XLR!

Noel says that it's a "beast"! I'm sure that he'll be writing a little "Bell review" on that one.

It uses the Large Red bell... but the bell diameter is 140mm, or 5 1/2". It has a counter-balance at the bell bow, as a standard feature.

Maybe Leigh can share a few more of the particulars about this one? :wink:

It will be making the trip to ITG, in Denver! Can't wait to give it a blow! :D

Best always,
    Bruce