New FREE online Improvisation Book

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Derek siddon, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Derek siddon

Derek siddon New Friend

Mar 6, 2013
    Australia
    New online Improvisation Book

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that the Jazz Improvisation book i have written is now available on the internet.

Time to Improvise - Take the First Step, is a learn to improvise Book and CD set that I developed to motivate and encourage my own students to improvise.
    The book simplifies the concept of improvising so it is achievable to any student who is competent on their instrument.‚Äč

The concept is simple - "One Scale - One Chord". The aim of this book is to help students "Take the leap" into improvisation without the added pressure of learning multiple chord progressions, interpreting key centres and practising scales in all 12 keys.

The book is perfect for any trumpet player who wants to try improvising but isnt sure how. I wrote it for highschool aged kids but its fun for anybody that can play at a reasonable standard. (your students will love it)

The book and 48 play-along tracks can be downloaded now for the low price of only $2.

I hope you enjoy the book.

Here's the link.

Derek Siddon#

Check out the site for transcriptions and high chops development practice tips as well as loads of jazz licks.

Im also working on a second book that should be ready soon "Time To Improvise Step Two". I will let you know when its online.

If you are interested in expanding your improv skills after you complete "Time To Improvise". Check out my good friend Ken Stubbs site jazztuition.com - Multimedia Music Library Resource. I recomend it to all serious Jazz muso's.

Good Luck. Don't be scared of improvising just give it a go!

Derek. Derek Siddon, Music

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    mattiasc likes this.
  2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Derek,

Thank you for making this available. I will download it Monday when in the office and give it a try with my son. It is nice of you to make it available.

3. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Derek many thanks for your work on this excellent series of papers a most welcome freebie.

4. keigoh

keigoh Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2012
    Tokyo
    nice!

5. keigoh

keigoh Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2012
    Tokyo
    wait a minute it said that it had a server problem...

6. Derek siddon

Derek siddon New Friend

Mar 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hope the site is working fine now, Im still trying to make the playalong tracks downloadable as requested from lots of people. I'll keep working on it with the server.
    Thanks for the nice comments on the book i hope you enjoy it. The 2nd book will be ready on the site soon i hope.
    Derek
    Derek Siddon

7. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Thanks for sharing, I like the book :-)

8. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    Thank you for sharing this Derek! Looks very informative.

9. Derek siddon

Derek siddon New Friend

Mar 6, 2013
    Australia
    You can now download the Time to improvise play-along CD tracks through soundcloud. The link is on the CD recordings page of the site.

www.time-to-improvise.com

10. Derek siddon

Derek siddon New Friend

Mar 6, 2013
    Australia