New guy here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Joyful Noise, May 16, 2015.

1. Joyful Noise

Joyful Noise New Friend

May 15, 2015
    Hello trumpet people!

New guy to the trumpet here. Rented a Yamaha YTR2330 yesterday and picked up a couple of books and a DVD. Looking forward to jumping in with both feet, fulfilling a dream of mine to learn the trumpet.

Cheers!

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Welcome and congrats. While it isn't impossible to learn on your own, having someone working with you can make a big difference. Even another trumpet player that can give you pointers would be far better than none. Maybe someone from your church or local school. A few lessons with a real teacher is even better. Best of luck.

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Welcome! You've come to the right place, for help, advice, intelligent witticisms, silly banter and whatever else might happen in this happy madhouse that is TM. And if you're a trumpet dreamer - the better!
    But what about getting to know you a bit better? I'll help by telling you a bit about myself. I'm a 50ish guy with one stepson (who also plays trumpet), married to an opera singer (www.reginaschoerg.com) and I am supposed to be the rotary valve trumpet guru around here. That's what the others say, anyway.
    Now's your turn.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Welcome to TM, Joyful Noise!

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :welcome::welcome::welcome::wave::wave::wave::laughwave::laughwave::laughwave:

6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi Joyful Noise,

Welcome to TM, and I hope you will enjoy your time here, and I hope we can help you on your journey. Great advice given already - it is a slow, but rewarding road you travel on - you will eventually enjoy your Noise.

Cheers

7. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    Has anyone else noticed that Gordonfurr1 has liked every post?

Welcome!

8. BernArt

BernArt Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2013
    Merida, Mexico
    Best wishes to you Joyful Noise! Our World needs more trumpeters who play and proclaim all what should not be hidden in the dark of silence and fear... This is a great place to learn how to do it!!!! Kind regards.
    BernArt

9. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    I liked THIS one, too. :grouphug:

10. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    Group hug!

Without arms, only hands....