NEW H. N. WHITE SITE DEDICATED TO ITS HISTORY. GREAT SITE!

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by tom turner, Jan 17, 2005.

1. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Folks,

It keeps getting better!

A decendant of H. N. White has put together an awesome site dedicated to the H. N. White years before they were bought out 40 years ago.

Lots of great information, ads, catalogues, horn photos, celebrity section, etc.

Bookmark this link and check it out!

http://www.hnwhite.com/

I've long lamented that the information on the great men who guided the development of both our instruments and the brass band craze was quickly being lost forever. Great sites like this promise to insure that this does not happen!

If anyone has any King brocheres, rare King instruments or any information about the people of the company, PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON ON THAT SITE WHO IS GATHERING INFORMATION!

One and all . . . check out this great site and sign their guestbook!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

2. kingtrumpetguy

kingtrumpetguy New Friend

Apr 11, 2004
    Northeast Ohio
    Greetings, If you have visited www.hnwhite.com, I am Kingtrumpetguy. Anyone having questions regarding H.N.White co. King trumpets, cornets, bugles, or flugelhorns, please feel free to email me. Chris is usually busy designing the hnwhite.com website therefore, I assist him on the technical end with questons. We do not claim to have all of the information but we do have most of the answers for you. I have hands on experience with almost all H.N.White King trumpets and cornets as I have a large collection. I also play trumpet so I have experience with the instrument. Thanks Tom for putting the web site on the forum. Dave...Kingtrumpetguy :D [email protected]

3. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Dave,

Thanks for registering here and posting!

I'm sure folks will be contacting you for advice, and I'm sure I will too!

I hope you'll lurk here often and share advice with our fine members about their vintage horn questions, especially about the King instruments.

The original H. N. White company made some absolutely gorgeous instruments in their day, and the company prided itself in putting out a great product. The engravings on their fancy variations were second to none.

I remember seeing a pristine Master cornet from the 30's with full engravings (done in silver w/gold highlights) that someone would almost kill to get! What a gorgeous horn!

Keep up the great work . . . and welcome aboard!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

4. the chief

the chief Pianissimo User

Feb 9, 2004
    Very cool site.