New Horn just arrived

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Satchmo Brecker, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    Just thought I'd post a little something about the new horn I just got. It's a CarolBrass Pocket Trumpet. I was looking for something better than my student model but couldn't afford anything near a pro model. I'd read that pocket trumpets were mere toys, but also came across a youtube video of Steve Dillard at horntrader.com playing a CB Pocket. Based on that I bought from him (great service, would buy there again). Well I got it today and wow, am I pleased. I'm no pro-trumpeter (3 1/2 yrs into it) but I can tell you this horn is no toy. Beautiful full sound, great action and intonation...the low C# is a dream!

2. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    I was going to post a pic but evidently something's messed up. Here's a link to a pic

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Congratulations on the new horn!

I've owned a Carol Brass Pocket Trumpet for a couple years. I use it regularly to practice at work or where portability is a must. It's a nice horn.

Mike

4. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Best wishes to you with your new pocket trumpet!
    Jim

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Nice looking horn. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Beautiful horn. Congrats on your choice of finish, it looks great. Best wishes.

7. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Let us know what it competes with at Band and what it performs like after you have had it a while. ;-)

8. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    You might check the water key to make sure that it's open. If you disassemble the Amado you can check the opening with a probe (toothpick or something similar). If it is not open you can clean it with aforementioned probe, a bore snake, or you may have to open the hole with an appropriately sized drill turned gently by your fingers only. I've had to do it on a couple of horns and it sure makes a difference in the moisture collection.