New Horn Makers?????

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rick14A4A, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Rick14A4A

Rick14A4A New Friend

Jul 29, 2008
    Texas
    Not that I shop instruments that much, but from time to time I will surf through the internet sites to see what is out there. Now I know there is some real junk being made on the back side of the moon, but I wonder, are there any new makers who are building any good quality horns who are not priced like the mainstays?

2. likesRawCopper

likesRawCopper Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2010
    Georgia, United States
  3. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Kanstul in Anaheim has a full range of very good trumpets across the entire price range. You could visit them and have a trip to Disneyland - or the beach - all for one plane ticket. Just up the street is Orlando Winds. They also have some very nice models for attractive prices. Here is their site.
    Trumpets- Custom Featured Styles

Here is a link to Diamond Jaeger. Ivan is a member here and makes excellent trumpets.
    http://jaegerbrass.com/jaeger/Trumpets.html

Cannonballs are not terribly expensive, either.

4. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    YES! YES! YES! Carol Brass is the quality leader and the value leader now.

Great horns, great quality control, unbelievable value for the money. Bach is so impressed that Carol is building trombones for them!

As far as pricing goes, you can get a very nice intermediate horn for $750, or select from their pro models starting at $995 and up to $1500. Best bang for the buck! IMHO, you are getting far more than what you are paying for.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    I guess it depends on the price range you're talking about.

The old rule that "you get what you pay for" still applies...

6. jackboyko

jackboyko New Friend

May 17, 2006
    Hi, try Best Brass Aiolia. Made in Japan, a bit high in price but a great trumpet.