New Member/ First Post

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by krossum, Jan 3, 2006.

1. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    Hello Everybody-

I've been lurking around TM for a while and decided to introduce myself. My name is Kelly Rossum (male, by the way) and I'm a trumpet owner in Minneapolis, MN.

I was turned on to this site by Mr. Laureano sometime early last year. So far, I've enjoyed the attitude reflected on this site as compared to some of the other internet forum choices...

A quick history of my internet/trumpet use:

I was one of the first people involved with the TPIN listserve that Mike started out of Blair, NE. I was in Lincoln at the time studying with Denny Schneider (if you don't know his name, you should ask around...)

Well, after everyone figured out how to "flame" other people's opinions, (usually over this hot new french trumpet builder, Monet? Mounette?) I decided to bow out of the internet war of words and paractice.

Nowadays, I end up warming up on my mpc while checking in on the TM news of the day, lots of fun.

Thank you all for your time and posts.

-Kelly

ps I'll be in NY for the upcoming IAJE convention if anyone wants to say hi:)

2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Welcome Kelly. Glad to see you haven't written us all off. Like everything else in life there is always a lot of good mixed in with the bad and rediculous... learning to filter it all out seems to be the key to happy forumin'... :-) Keep posting. I'm certain there is lots you have to share with us.

3. mrfabulous963

mrfabulous963 Piano User

Nov 26, 2005
    we're pretty friendly here, as long as everybody tays within their limits and doesn't insult anyone. Which, here, usually isn't the case, just difference in opinion

I agree filtering is the key to good forumin'!

Happy Posting!

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Welcome, Kelly. Always nice to have new "faces" about. I have always found this place very relaxed and open-minded. One of the things I really enjoy here.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!

Oooo.... THAT isn't going to win you many points with Minneapolis's (arguably) greatest Puerto Rican trumpet player! LOL. (Sorry, Manny.... couldn't resist). :-)

Naaa.... don't worry about it; It's all good. And just think, you're in time to be on the ground floor in this year's "Win an Eclipse" contest! Welcome aboard.

6. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Welcome!

7. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Welcome to TM. I'd enjoy hearing some experiences or stories from your studies with Denny Schneider. I studied with Darryl White at UNL, a year or two after Denny retired. I never got the chance to have a lesson with him. Anything you'd like to share? I have met many of his students and they are top notch players.

Eric

8. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    welcome aboard - most people here are friendly and helpful but as with any internet site some get a little fiesty since they can remain anonymous [ it is easy to spout off when no one knows who you are]. hopefully you won't encounter any of those because that happens less here then any where else. Good Luck and enjoy many new friends. Dave

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Welcome Kelly.

Enjoy your stay.

Take with a grain of salt anything that Schilke B6 might tell you. (not including the "Welcome Kelly")

I enjoyed viewing and listening to your website.*
    *see above statement and include this statement also.

Oh what the heck

Welcome!

-cw-

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Tootsall wrote with a big brown nose:
    Ya think he might win by default???

See what I mean Kelly?

-cw-