New Member/ First Post

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by krossum, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Hi there, Kelly! :-)

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Welcome to the NUTHOUSE Kelly! :D

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Aww come one... gimme a break. :oops: I just wrote that because there just might be a Puerto Rican trumpet player living in Minneapolis who is better than Manny but we since we don't know if there is or not (not having listened to and compared the trumpet playing of all Puerto Ricans in Minneapolis), we at least have to allow for the statistical possibility. It's called "covering your south end" (which is one of the pillars of analytical logic!)

Now.... where were we? Oh yeah! Discussing that new French trumpet... the Monet. If I bought one of those I'd be baroque.

Anyway, Kelly... what Trompetvrouw said ... welcome to the nuthouse.

Alex, does "trompetvrouw" translate as "trumpet woman"? or "trumpet wife"? The translations I checked could go either way. :-)

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I was thinking along the lines of "trumpet lady".....but "trumpet woman" is fine. Since my new trumpet is a girl, I can't be her wife....well.....er......uh......unless I lived in UK, Netherlands, Belgium and all those other places where it is legally recognized.....I will stop there. LOL. ;-)

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Kelly,

Bienvenidos a la casa de nueses!

For those that don't know Kelly, he is a beyatch jazz player who has been in charge of a winter and summer jazz program that my son has been proud to be a part of. Acknowledging only his abilities at teaching and performing jazz would be unfair as he is a terrific educator who is very well-rounded in all areas of music.

Good to see you here... enjoy the ride.

ML

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Tootsall wrote:
    Ed, you fair weather friend!
    I don't even think there is another Puerto Rican in the "Great White North"!

Alex...
    My dictionary says: Trompet: French; a combination of trollop and trumpet, Old English; an instrument which you play with for pleasure. Also an instrument which you pay for the pleasure of using.

Just tryin' to be helpful.

-cw-

7. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    What up Kelly! :D

8. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Hey, Kelly

Welcome. Stick around and post some.

Pat

p.s. Loved your clinic at ITG in Bangkok and your CD is fabulous!

9. JJ

JJ Pianissimo User

Aug 21, 2005
    I was thinking along the lines of "trumpet lady".....but "trumpet woman" is fine. Since my new trumpet is a girl, I can't be her wife....well.....er......uh......unless I lived in UK, Netherlands, Belgium and all those other places where it is legally recognized.....I will stop there. LOL. ;-)[/quote]

Since I'm fluent in Dutch, I thought I'd help out ...;)

Trompetvrouw = trumpet woman or trumpet wife (you'd need more info ...)
    Trompetdame = trumpet lady
    Trompetmeisje = trumpet girl

JJ

10. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    JJ! Bedankt mijn vriend! Hartelijk groetjes! Ik niet een miesje zijn enzo vrouw ik besloot, maar, ik ook een dame zijn. ;-) Ik een trompet "lady, wife and woman", ja? Ik met mijn trompet en muzik trouwen, enzo "wife" is OK.

Van Dale zeg dat "dame" ook vrouw en lady zijn. Ik nu duizelig voelen! LOL.