New Member/ First Post

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by krossum, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Please give her my best, she was an inspiration at UNL. I'd get to the practice rooms by 7:00 AM and she was already there.........and still there after the rest of us were gone!

2. mcstock

mcstock New Friend

Aug 15, 2005
    Norman OK
    "Trumpet owner"!?!?! Boy Kelly, that's taking modesty a little too far. I've know Kelly since we sufffered, er, ah, um, I mean Studied together in grad school. I just wanted to add that I've always felt Kelly is the most unihibited player I've ever known. I still remember him playing "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child" on departmental, (don't worry, once you're famous the people who objected will change their minds ;-) . Last summer I caught him with the improvisational, noise rock, musical democracy Electropolis vs. VJ Neverwas. Wow, just fearless, total abandon.

In short, Kelly, I'm still jealous after all these years!

Matt

PS. If you see Scott Harrell at IAJE say Hi for me.

3. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    thanks Matt... good to hear from you!

I'll make sure to pass on all of the appropriate hellos to the NY crowd this next week.

By the way, the sun came out yesterday for the first time in 13 days! Technically, MPLS had only 2 and 1/2 hours of sun for a straight run of 13 days; longest stretch w/o sun since 1942. Those TMers in MPLS, why do we live here again? (Rhetorical)

-Kelly

4. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    We're about 75 or so here today, hit the 80's Friday/Saturday.....70's all week coming up.....we do make up for it during the summer months though!

:cool:

5. buccinator

buccinator Pianissimo User

Jan 8, 2006
    Bielefeld, Germany
    Hi...

GREAT !!! I succeeded . I'm a new member in the "TM-Family"

First of all, I apologize for any inconveniance concerning my English and it's probably wrong orthography. I live in the city of Bielefeld in Germany and I am lucky to see your postings on TM-Forum !!!

We have the same Forum ( also with the same layout ) in Germany under www.trompetenforum.de

All the best for the new 2006 from buccinator

6. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    Dave- what a drag... sunblock gets expensive. (ha!)

buccinator. Welcome! What part of Deutschland are you from? (area of country, location to other cities)

off to practice, I'll check in again later.
    -Kelly