New Monette Videos

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Guys,

http://www.monette.net/newsite/online/2007_Newsletter/2007_CTrumpets.htm

There's a ton of new fun stuff at Dave. Included is an interview with Charlie Schlueter, some cuts of Joakim and Urban Agnas, and a couple more clips of Dave Bamonte and me playing orchestral duo excerpts. Dave called me last night to do some previewing of the material and I was knocked out by what he's put up and my hope is that you all enjoy it as well. The Agnas brothers kick some mighty booty on this one. I've not met Joakim but I know Urban and he's a great guy. You folks that have studied with and enjoyed Charlie Schlueter's work over the many years of his colorful career will very much appreciate the almost 10 minute video of him.

ML

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    wow... great stuff. I'm so impressed by Dave's pursuit of perfection. While his horns don't work for me (I've owned three of his older models and am I'm hoping to try some of the lighter ones at ITG this year) I have to say I'm always on his site drooling at the players and new ideas.

Great playing Manny (as always!).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  3. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    Octav-eye-zer mouthpiece??

:wave:

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for sharing Manny. This is another treat for the eyes and ears. Yeah, Urban Agnus is quite impressive as usual. I really like his playing. Congrats to Dave on yet another inspiring, enjoyable video.

5. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    I too am drooling, and probably late for class. Awesome!

6. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Awesome videos, Manny :play: IMHO you sound best on Ajna...probably not for everything but on the Bartok video I liked your sound the most on Ajna

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I love the Ajna, too, Nick. But maybe the next music director will also! For now, I'm enjoying the lighter horns such as the one I'm playing with Bamonte.

ML

8. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Manny,

Did the boss finally axe your old school Raja?

9. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Wow. I haven't had time to do all of it yet, but I did the Charlie Schlueter slde show, you and Dave B., and Patrick's. Love it!

10. dcbrown1

dcbrown1 Pianissimo User

Oct 1, 2005
    Manny...are you seeing/sensing a general trend/shift from heavier horns...back to lighter weight instruments? Thanks. Dave Brown