New Monette Videos

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dave,

I thought I was but it seems like it's evened out. That's a good question, though. I'll ask Dave next time he and I speak. That won't be for a while though as I think he left an along overdue vacation!

ML

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Hi Manny,
    I can't find the interview with Charlie. Can you post another link to it?

Great stuff on there. I wish I could go to one of these concerts.

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    That's because the picture of him is that of a young Charlie!

Joe, click on that "High School Prom" photo of Charlie and then scroll down and look to the left. Enjoy!

ML

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is always amazing to hear how you and Dave Bamonte can line up your playing. It is not like you guys have ever played in a section for a long time. The math in this case is 1 + 1= a he!! of a lot more than 2!
    Dazzling!
    Thanks! I hope I get my chance one day!

5. adonis74

adonis74 Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Palm Springs, CA
    I've heard through the grapevine that they're having a special on it for $119.95 and it is guaranteed that anyone can hit Double High-C after two hours of practice.:D

6. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    That was enjoyable! Now, I've got to go practice. 24 will be on in less than an hour!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    I was thinking I could mount it on one of these

[​IMG]

8. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Check out the gyrations of Patrick Hession's necklace during his scales (in the downward part). THAT'S the real secret. Figure that out and you're got yourself a double C, gauranteed!

Jason.

9. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    John-

It's a King Mini Trumpet. It was made as a promotional item for King, but Charlie had a mouthpiece widdled down to fit it and it actually works pretty well. It's pitched in B-flat and plays like a piccolo. He used it in the Boston Symphony a few years ago for a long, sustained, ppp high E-flat in a Ligeti piece (cello concerto maybe?). He also told me he uses it to play Brandenburg. When I was doing the Brandenburg on my senior recital, he brought it to my lesson the day before and let me play it. It's a funny little horn, but it works!

-Jimi