new mothpiece finally

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vann, May 8, 2011.

1. vann

vann New Friend

May 4, 2011
    I went through the gauntlet looking for a mp that was for me. I played a 3c bach and after alot of work tried the schilke 15c4. The cushion is nice and wide and so much more comfortable to play! Does anyone play w/ this mp. Also I tried the 14a4a and after 10 min. couldn't get a sound out of it ! Thanks Bill

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I've had students that liked the 15C4. I'm on a Bach 3C. Had a friend (pro mouthpiece guy) take the sharp eddge off rim off a Blessing 3C and replate it to new. It is much, much more comfortable, but the cup seems slightly less deep than my Bach 3C, hence, I am not using it. Best of luck.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I do not play a 15c, but I would be interested, how did you progress to go from the 14a4a to this piece? Did you do it at the next pick, or did you use a system of size changes (a to b to c at 14, then to a 15)? This could be very helpful in letting readers know how you did this, as your success could help others through this process.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Success is measured in months and years! Stay in touch for the next chapter........