new music for trumpet (Russo)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JoeR11, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JoeR11

JoeR11 New Friend

Oct 19, 2010
    I am a composer living and working in the New York / Connecticut USA area.

I have composed a number of brass works which include trumpet that may be appropriate for your programming needs.

To hear a computer rendition of my Fanfare for Eight Trumpets you may click on this link:
    Joseph M Russo - Composer / Double Bassist: New Concert Fanfare for Trumpet Ensemble
    For your information:
    Montclair State University (NJ-USA) trumpet ensemble director Charles Bumcrot's comment on Fanfare:
    "...a wonderful work and a very interesting fanfare. Not only everything you'd expect and need in a fanfare, but interesting melodic lines and material, combined with very successful antiphonal qualities. We will perform this work over and over again!!"
    "This music can be used antiphonally...and it works non-antiphonally. This is very playable on standard instruments, either Bb or C and does not require piccs, flugels, etc. A very majestic opening with a very lyrical, yet "ringing" Allegro."

To hear an excerpt of my double brass quintet “Concordance” you may click on this link:
    Joseph M Russo - Composer / Double Bassist: Trip to Germany -- to conduct "Concordance"
    …and click where indicated to access its sound file.

To hear a computer rendition of my brass quintet “Hannoverture” you may click on this link:
    Joseph M Russo - Composer / Double Bassist: New Brass Quintet Completed..."Hannoverture"

I also recently completed my Septet “Changes” for the same instrumentation as Stravinsky’s “Soldier’s Tale” – violin, bass, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, percussion – you may hear this new work by clicking on this link:
    Joseph M Russo - Composer / Double Bassist: Three Changes for Septet Completed

You may also want to check out the rest of my website (see http link in the signature of this e-mail).

If you would like a (free) CD of any of my music please let me know – I would be happy to send you one. [email protected]