New Orleans/ Public Playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. the newbie

the newbie Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2011
    San Francisco
    In San Francisco the cops bust you for busking, sad but true, this city is the biggest hypocrite, ever.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Ted's on it! You're not going to make much, busking (trust me:roll:) anyway ....... With no hat, open guitar case, or whatever, you are not busking, you're just practicing. I got asked once to CLOSE my guitar case because busking wasn't allowed in front of their store (Co-Op Grocery).

I closed the case, had a great time (for about an hour) and got a phone number of a beautiful woman coming out of the store. She stopped and listened ... :cool:

Turtle

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Dayton his pretty hip to street music, and have built a faboulous venue in which to play called RiverScape (right on the banks of the Great Miami). Eddie Brookshire bands have played there 5 times in the past year, and we are but one of many bands in the city (of course we ARE the BEST band in the city THANKS TO TM).

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    then we should elect musicians into office --- oh, here in America we did that once --- elected a Saxophone player..........mmmmmmmmm --- Oh I got it, we should only elect Trumpet players to office.............mmmmmmmmm --nah!! - trumpet players have better things to do with there time, like practice!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Hey what store was that??? I would like to increase my odds of a successful public playing of my trumpet !! ROFL ROFL ROFL