New pinky hook?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nicoluigi, Aug 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. nicoluigi

nicoluigi New Friend

Jul 31, 2010
    Does anyone know how much it could cost to re-solder a pinky hook? (its missing, i dont have it) -- i bought a used banged up ytr 2335, didnt think that would be that big of a deal but i guess it was a n00b mistake. The trumpet plays well tho, its good to start to learn on. eventually (in a few years?) i i'll have to upgrade

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Yes,

Get in your car and take it to the nearest music store.

Any good repair guy can solder it back for a very nominal price.

3. Kayin

Kayin Pianissimo User

May 30, 2010
    Or do like me and just don't use it.. I need to have mine taken off my new horn... When I feel like it's proven it'll be what I need.

4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    I used the "pinky hook" all my life and found it helpful. However, I fell and broke my pinky finger and having had two operations over the years (with hards casts before and after) for many weeks, I can no longer use my pinky finger in the pinky hook. It is quite liberating not to have to use it, but it is awkward trying to use mutes without the pinky hook, but it is not the end of the world. Some people have to have it and others do not.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
  6. nicoluigi

nicoluigi New Friend

Jul 31, 2010
  7. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    It shouldn't cost you over 10.00 and possibly cost nothing. Its a real simple job..

8. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    I don't use mine, my pinky has a lot more fun waving around in the air.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    That is the part. A local shop may have a similar part and do the whole thing for not much more. I have posted it so many times. Life is about relationships. Get to know the locals that can help you with stuff like this. There is always good reasons to have more friends!