New To Trumpet - Got this.. Any good?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MikeTheGoalie, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Friend

Nov 23, 2008
    OK! Thanks guys. I think I will take it to some shop and see about maybe getting her fixed. If it's really that old, I'd like to bring it back a little.

The only reason I say "I think" I could play better is cause I used to play the trumpet. It just seems so hard to get a note out of this thing.

If it is really this old, I'd like to fix it up a bit.

They can replaced/fix all the broken/bent tubes on it right?

2. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    Yes sir! But with some money added.

3. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Friend

Nov 23, 2008
    Can I purchase these parts from somewhere?

Last night I took it apart and ran somewhat of a snake through it. I don't have a trumpet snake.. and the one I have is not long enough to go through the entire thing.

I will upload some more pictures when I get time. But I noticed a few things.

1. The holes in the valves seem to have somewhat of a lip around them.. some are worn out so its smooth - is that a problem?

2. If I try to blow in it fully assembled - its seem very hard to get it to make a sound. Is that a mouth piece problem? Or something else. Just doesn't seemed blocked when apart - but together is seems like its backed up.

I started to polish it and WOW! It is starting to look VERY good!!!

Also is there a mouthpiece guide somewhere? I have no clue what I have - or need.

4. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Friend

Nov 23, 2008
    OK! Here are some updated pictures.
    I have contacted a few people to see about getting it "playable'

See what happens.

Still sounds terrible after cleaning!

Attached Files:

5. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Friend

Nov 23, 2008
    And do you guys think its that old? Is it worth anything? Or just cheap and old..