New Website -- Critiques Wanted

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by averagejoe, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Phil Rinaldi

Phil Rinaldi New Friend

Jan 15, 2007
    Garwood, NJ
    WordPress is a great program.
    This is what my website is based on and although it is not 100% complete, it looks okay.

The first thing I notced about yuor site is the counter.
    I would look to hide that.

Just my $0.02

2. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Very nice--clear concise and lots of samples to hear. I like that you just have short snippets of music. Great picc on Penny Lane!

So nice to hear "The Prayer" from H&G.

3. averagejoe

averagejoe Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the multiple recommendations for WordPress... I'll look into it. Never thought about using a blog platform!

Brem -- thanks for the multiple examples...nice site you have!

Phil -- yes, hiding the counter is something on my "to do" list

Bilboinsa -- The Humperdinck is one of our favorite tunes...glad you enjoy it! And we've gotten a lot of good feedback on Penny Lane as well...thanks!

Paul

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  4. skip77

skip77 New Friend

Mar 25, 2007
    Nice website and congratulations on working with a great brass band. You asked for ideas how to make the website better - instead of sound files that must be opened or downloaded to guest computers, an mp3 player would allow instant playing of all your clips and save guests from having to open the files on their own machines. Just a thought. You can get mp3 players all over the net for under $50. I use Wimpy - takes a little getting used to but well worth it. For examples of wimpy mp3 players and buttons, check my pages:
    music
    trumpet

Wimpy products include button and player software that allows you to create your own custom designs etc.
    Just a thought.

5. averagejoe

averagejoe Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks, Skip --

Based on suggestions, I'm actually working on a complete site overhaul. I'll post here when I get it finished, but it will likely take some time (i.e. possibly months...I'm a real novice at this stuff...)

Paul

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Paul,

Looks great! You guys and gal; are tight and sound like you really enjoy playing together. I'd kill to have such an opportunity.

Keep up the good work!

As for your site don't over think it. I had no trouble navigating it and learning about you and the members and anything else I wanted to know/hear. I think you have a winning formula!