NEW WEBSITE DEDICATED TO REYNOLDS INSTRUMENTS

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by tom turner, Jan 16, 2005.

1. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi readers,

There's a new website dedicated to the history of Foster Reynolds and his company. Photos . . . history . . . engravings . . . ads . . . catalogue pages . . . etc.

CHECK IT OUT at:

http://home.comcast.net/~contempora/

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

2. contempora

contempora New Friend

Jan 17, 2005
    Burnsville, MN
    Thanks for the post and the plug - it's been a lot of fun (and work) to get the site off the ground, but I've really enjoyed it and look forward to sharing this with the trumpet/cornet community. Hopefully you won't take a poor trombone player too hard to task for any shortcomings! :lol:

Regards,
    ElShaddai Edwards
    Contempora Corner

3. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi ElShaddai,

Welcome to the Vintage Instruments Forum!

We've exchanged e-mails and its really nice to have a vintage instrument expert sign on and post on this forum . . . even if you DON'T have valves on your Contempora!

I hope you'll lurk here often and share your wisdom and knowledge with your trumpet bretheren.

This website is a really friendly place that's mainly populated with mature, serious musicians and your presence will be greatly welcomed.

I love your site and encourage others with information about Reynolds to contact you there and share data!

FOLKS . . . CHECK OUT HIS SITE . . . and sign his guestbook.

Thanks again, ElShaddai, for starting a site that will further the knowledge of vintage instruments in general, and the legacy of Foster Reynolds in particular.

Warmest regards,

Tom

4. contempora

contempora New Friend

Jan 17, 2005
    Burnsville, MN
    Thanks again for the comments - they are very much appreciated.

Now a question for everyone: does anyone have a physical or electronic copy of the "Why We Play Reynolds Contempora" brochure referenced at the bottom of this Reynolds ad? I'd be very interested in seeing this if you do.

thanks!
    ElShaddai

5. contempora

contempora New Friend

Jan 17, 2005
    Burnsville, MN
    new URL...

Just a quick update that I went ahead and registered the contemporacorner.com domain -- you can now get to the Contempora Corner site by going to:

www.contemporacorner.com

The old URL works too - this one's just a little easier to remember and bookmark now.

-ElShaddai